Months ago, we talked about Google I/O, an annual event held by the tech company to announce changes to its core products. With the Google Play Console was no different and, starting this Thursday (01), more data analytics insights are available.
Google knows the importance of the app metrics and how they are critical to the success of your app. Metric changes were made precisely to make them more accurate and expansive than before, so you can better understand your most important processes.
Change of function and nomenclature
One of the differences you’ll find when tracking metrics is in the names. Google Play Console now has different names and functionality in almost all of its parsing configurations.
In most of them, it will be common to see an increase in numbers, because the changes made it possible to identify data more accurately. See one by one:
What’s New in Google Play Console?
As we can see, metrics are more accurate. But, there are other news. One of them, for example, is the inclusion of user and device feedback data, a key metric for mobile experts.
Among other new features in the Developer Console statistics page, now you can:
- Select users or devices, acquisitions or losses;
- Define your interests: new users, returns or all users;
- Measure periodic events;
- See analysis graphs automatically, with the biggest changes over a selected time period for a given dimension, making it easy to see the top contributors to your top metrics;
- Configure and save metric reports as desired for easy retrieval and common analysis
- Receive suggested reporting to find interesting ways to combine your data for more valuable analysis,
- Download data configured as CSV within the interface.
The ability to “save report” will make it easier for specialists, who will now be able to return to the statistics page without changing any previous settings.
What about periodic metrics?
As changes begin in early August, you will have to wait to close a monthly cycle to be able to measure results for a full month. The same goes for longer periods such as a quarter, semester or year.
Learn everything mobile with RankMyApp!
Want to stay on top of this and other mobile marketing information? Sign up for our newsletter and receive exclusive content and special invitations to our events.