Every digital marketer needs a good customer acquisition strategy. Read this article to learn more about acquisition marketing.
What is customer acquisition?
Acquisition marketing involves using tactics to gain new customers or app users. You should aim to keep your customer acquisition costs low in order to keep your ROI high.
Lead acquisition vs customer acquisition
Is there a difference between lead acquisition and customer acquisition? Kind of.
- Lead Acquisition – This occurs during a certain phase of the marketing funnel, when you have successfully caused consumers to consider buying your product or downloading your app;
- Customer Acquisition – This isn’t limited to one phase of the marketing funnel, but refers to the entire process of gaining new customers or users.
Customer acquisition cost (CAC)
Acquiring new customers or app users costs money. Calculating CAC enables you to keep track of your marketing expenses and make sure the costs don’t get too high.
Here is the CAC formula:
Marketing Costs/Customers Acquired = CAC
Best customer acquisition strategy ideas
Here are some user acquisition strategy ideas that can be included in your digital marketing plan.
Content marketing has many benefits, including:
- Creating exciting and helpful content that captures your target market’s attention;
- Producing content that builds consumer trust in your brand;
- Raises awareness about your app.
Here are some content marketing ideas.
No matter which content marketing strategy you choose, the goal is to connect with your audience, develop a relationship with them, and eventually convince them to download your app.
There are two different methods for using social media:
- Organic – Increases brand awareness, reveals company character, and shares useful content;
- Paid – Reaches your target market with advertisements.
When devising a social media marketing plan you must determine the best platforms. This will depend on where your target market hangs out. Do your research and go wherever they go.
Some of the most popular social media channels include:
There are also two different types of search marketing:
- Organic – Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your content so that it appears towards the top of the search results;
- Paid – Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising gets your ad in the top search results so long as you are willing and able to pay the price.
Building an email list enables you to connect with your target market. The goal is to convert them to customers by producing quality content that they enjoy.
Try to figure out when your recipients are most likely to open your emails and then schedule them to be sent during the same time in the future. This will help to increase your open rate.
In addition, keep an eye on the links your subscribers tend to click on the most. This will help you understand the type of content that your audience is interested in.
When members of your audience unsubscribe it can be a learning experience, giving you an idea of how your subscribers are responding to your emails. This will help you improve future emails.
As you can see, there are many different user acquisition strategies. You really shouldn’t pick just one. A truly effective acquisition marketing plan usually includes a combination of the tactics described above.
Get started on your customer acquisition strategy so that you can acquire more app users and grow your business. And while you are at, you probably want to come up with a customer retention strategy as well.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so that you can keep learning more great ways to make your app successful.