It’s essential to attain the best app rating possible but how? This article will answer that important question.
Why are app ratings important?
After downloading an app, users have the ability to rate its performance. Each individual rating contributes to the overall app rating, which can be anywhere from one to five stars.
The app rating is important because it reveals how users feel about the app and how well it is working. Users scrolling through the app store often refer to the app’s ratings to determine which apps are worth downloading.
Apps with high ratings look much better than their competitors with low ratings, causing users to gravitate towards the higher-rated apps. So, the better your app’s rating is, the more users it will acquire.
App rating also affects app rank, with the better-rated apps more likely to appear at the top of the search results. A top app rank increases visibility, leading to even more downloads.
Furthermore, an app’s rating reveals its level of success. Along with analyzing other metrics, you should be monitoring app rating so that you are aware of how well your app is doing.
If your app has a low rating, you can assume it needs some improvements. But if your app has a high rating, you know users are satisfied with it and it must be working well.
How to improve app rating
The results of improving app rating should be part of your mobile marketing strategy, but the question is how do you improve it?
First of all, you must get users to rate your app before it can achieve a high rating. If your app doesn’t have any reviews or ratings yet, ask your friends and family to rate it. But only ask them if they have actually used and like your app.
You want your app to have a good rating, but you shouldn’t have friends and family lying for you. Your app just needs some honest, positive feedback that will help boost its rating.
You should also ask users to rate your app, but avoid annoying them. Use discernment about the best time to ask them.
Here are some pointers:
- Ask users to rate your app while they are using it, but not while they are in the middle of an important task. Wait until they have completed the task.
- Don’t ask new users to rate your app. Wait until they’ve had some experience with it.
- Use a plugin that makes it easy for users to rate your app.
- Don’t use push notifications to request ratings.
Although asking for an app rating is best done while users are in the app, you could try some of the following ideas:
- Hold contests that require providing honest feedback.
- Ask website visitors to rate your app.
- Ask your followers on social media to rate your app.
- Include a request to rate your app in confirmation emails.
Here are a few tactics that might be considered unethical and should be avoided:
- Bribing users with promotional codes or special deals.
- Asking users not to leave anything less than a 5-star rating.
- Requesting an app rating each time your app updates.
Getting an app rating is only half the battle. The real challenge comes when trying to achieve the best app rating possible.
You can succeed in this challenge by creating a high-quality app that performs well, benefits users, and solves a problem in their lives. If your app can accomplish all of this, it should have no problem achieving a high app rating.
If you really want your app to be successful get a free customized analysis of your app today!