Do you know how to make an app that users love? Just take a look at the top travel apps to get some ideas.
This article describes a few of the most downloaded apps in the travel category. Learn what makes them so successful and try to follow their example.
This ride-sharing app is popular with millennials. It provides transportation for users who don’t have access to a car.
Here’s how it works:
- The rider enters the current location and the desired destination;
- Then the rider chooses a ride option;
- The app assigns a driver to meet the rider and take that person to the drop-off location;
- Once the trip is over the rider can rate the experience and leave a tip.
Why Uber is one of the top travel apps
- This app is easy for drivers and riders to use;
- It takes care of all the complicated calculations required for sending the right driver to a rider;
- The company knows how to motivate drivers by awarding them with badges and sending driver alerts.
When building your app try to follow Uber’s example by making your app easy to use and keeping users engaged with gamification tactics and notifications.
Like Uber, Lyft is a ride-sharing app. They are very similar to each other.
But Lyft stands out from Uber in a few ways:
- Lyft provides a better breakdown of the ride’s price;
- The company also provides more information on the ride receipt, such as the trip’s length of time and the total miles traveled.
So if you want to earn the trust of your users be transparent, just as Lyft is with its prices.
Members of Priority Pass are granted admittance into thousands of lounges all over the world and are also given meal vouchers at certain airports.
Why Priority Pass is one of the top travel apps
The Priority Pass app is easy to use.
This is how it works:
- Users enter some basic information about their location;
- Then the app shows users the various lounges and restaurants that are available to them;
- The app also provides photographs of each option, as well as information regarding hours of operation and location.
Take a lesson from Priority Pass and make your app simple and easy to use.
This app allows travelers to send messages while they are away from home. After creating an account and adding contacts, users can call, video chat, or send messages to friends and family.
Why WhatsApp is one of the top travel apps
- This app doesn’t use much data;
- It provides a cost-effective option for getting in touch with loved ones.
If you can come up with an app that saves users money, you will be off to a great start. And building an app that doesn’t use much data is always appreciated.
With TripIt, users can stay organized as they travel, allowing them to view and store all traveling information in one spot.
Listed below is some of the information this trip planner app stores:
- Travel confirmations;
- Flight itinerary;
- Rental car reservations;
- Ferry tickets;
- Driving directions.
Why TripIt is one of the top travel apps
- Traveling can be stressful. An app like TripIt simplifies the process;
- It also conveniently stores all information in one spot, making it the best travel organizer for users.
Just as TripIt makes the lives of travelers easier, your own app should somehow ease the lives of its users.
Now you know what some of the top travel apps are and what makes them so great. Try to follow their example without copying them. Once you achieve this you will be that much closer to success.
After making a great app, it needs users. Talk to a specialist to start increasing user acquisition!